How we work
The Creative Diversity Network (CDN) is a forum, paid for by its member bodies. Its role is to convene and facilitate members to work together to promote, celebrate and share good practice across the industry.
The CDN is not a regulator. In its work to support its member bodies jointly deliver the strategic priorities contained with the CDN Strategy, the network is accountable only to the CEOs of each member body.
The CDN's mission statement is simple and reflects the collaborative and action focused nature of the network's activity: "CDN – Taking joint action on diversity".
The CDN Strategy which was approved in September 2011, sets out five key priorities for the next five years:
- To make the business case for diversity – including for example, through more intelligent use of industry data and research.
- Promoting diverse talent – for example through refocusing the Diversity Awards and creating opportunities for talent.
- Prioritising new aspects of diversity – such as disability, age and gender and a more nuanced approach to ethnicity.
- Communications – including raising the profile of the CDN and improving stakeholder engagement.
- Delivery – exploring various options and delivery models to help maximise resources and support CDN activity to achieve real outcomes.